- Trip Outline
- Trip Inclusion
- Trip Exclusion
Mount Merbabu (Indonesian: Gunung Merbabu) is a dormant stratovolcano in Central Java province on the Indonesian island of Java. The name Merbabu could be loosely translated as ‘Mountain of Ash’ from the Javanese combined words; Meru means “mountain” and awu or abu means “ash”. The active volcano Mount Merapi is directly adjacent on its south-east side, while the city of Salatiga is located on its northern foothills. A 1,500m high broad saddle lies between Merbabu and Merapi, the site of the village of Selo and highly fertile farming land.There are two peaks; Syarif (3,119 m) and Kenteng Songo (3,145 m). Three U-shaped radial valleys extend from the Kenteng Songo summit in northwesterly, northeastly and southeastly directions. Two known moderate eruptions occurred in 1560 and 1797. The 1797 event was rated 2: Explosive, on the Volcanic Explosivity Index. An unconfirmed eruption may have occurred in 1570. Geologically recent eruptions originated from a North Northwest-South Southeast fissure system that cut across the summit and fed the large-volume lava flows from Kopeng and Kajor craters on the northern and southern flanks, respectively. Merbabu trekking and climbing activity commonly strated from the southern side Selo area. (wikipedia.org)
- Tour Type : Private Tour
- Pick Up Location : Yogyakarta Area
- Drop Off Location : Yogyakarta Area
- Departure Time (From Yogyakarta area) : 10 am
- Duration : 2 Days 1 Night (Including driving time from Yogyakarta to Selo, trekking, camping activity and return).
- Minimum : 1 Pax
DAY 01. PICK UP HOTEL YOGYAKARTA - SELO BASECAMP - MOUNT MERBABU CAMPING (D)
- Morning at 10 am, pick up at hotel in Yogyakarta area.
- Depart to to Selo basecamp located at the foot of mount Merbabu area (2 hours drive).
- Upon arrival at Selo area, preparataion and short briefing by local guide team.
- 1 pm starting from the basecamp hike mount Merbabu, passing 3 posts and 2 savannah area (camping site).
- Evening around 8 pm reaching Savannah 2 and make tent for overnight.
- Dinner served at the camping site.
DAY 02. SUMMIT ATTACK KENTENG SONGO PEAK & MOUNT MERBABU SUNRISE - SELO BASECAMP - YOGYAKARTA (B)
- Around 3 am, pack up and start summit attack to reach the highest peak of Kenteng Songo (3.142 asl).
- See and enjoy sunrise and the awesome scenery around Merbabu.
- 7 am, breakfast and trekking down to get back to Selo basecamp (4 - 4.5 hours).
12 pm arrive back at the basecamp.
- Return to Yogyakarta and drop off at hotel.
- End of tour.
What to bring:
- Your body fit stamina.
- Warm jacket.
- Outdoor oufits.
- Trekking shoes or sandals.
- Head cap.
- Climbing stick (if you think you may need it).
- Private tour arrangement.
- Private air conditioned transport (inclusive driver, gasoline and parking).
- Entrance tickets, donation and all admission fees.
- English speaking tour guide.
- Local guide & Porter.
- Camping / trekking equipment (Tent, Sleeping bag).
- Simple dinner at during camping activity.
- Simple breakfast at Selo area.
- Bottled mineral water during tour.
- Personal expenses.
- Any other item not specified as Trip Inclusion.
Pricing NameStartEndGroup (Min-Max)Pricing
You can click Book Now / Booking tab. Select the pricing and fill out the form on the checkout page. Once we have received your booking we would process it and send you further confirmation.
Yes, you can drop us inquiry by clicking Trip Inquiry link or via Contact us form page or direct email. Once we have received your inquiry, we would get back to you with details you need.
Yes, this is a private tour. NO other travellers you don't know will join your tour.
Yes, it is possible for a big group to book this tour. Please contact us if you request for pricing for a big group.
(1). Partial payment or down payment (DP) required. The amount of DP is 50% of the total tour cost. The method of DP is by PayPal in USD or by Bank Transfer / TT in IDR.
(2). Balance should be paid on arrival date at the airport, or at pick up service at hotel or other selected location. The method of balance is by Cash on hand in IDR or PayPal in USD.
(1). Cancellation up to 30 days before the selected trip date, 50% refund of the total down payment (DP).
(2). Cancellation on 29 - 15 days before the selected trip date, 25% refund of the total down payment (DP).
(3). Cancellation on 14 - 0 days before the selected trip date, 0% refund of the total down payment (DP).