DAY 01. PICK UP SERVICE YOGYAKARTA – DIENG PLATEAU AREA (LD)
- Pick up service at airport or hotel or other selected location in Yogyakarta area (Morning or afternoon).
- Direct drive to to Dieng Plateau Area. Dieng itis self located in the Central Java’s hinterland on 2.000 m elevation. The area is dotted with Hindu-Buddhist temple ruins and several calderas of an extinct volcano. Surrounded by jagged, mist shrouded mountains and local potato plantation, Dieng provides travelers more refreshing look of Central Java. Lunch served at local restaurant on the way to Dieng area.
- Arrive at Dieng Plateau area, check in at guesthouse / homestay.
- Afternoon free and easy at your leisure. Dinner served at local restaurant in Dieng area.
- Stay overnight.
DAY 02. DIENG PLATEAU LIGHT TREKKING – SUNRISE SIKUNIR HILL – YOGYAKARTA (BL)
- Early morning at 4 AM wake up call. From homestay start the trip on foot or drive by car to get to the Sikunir hill (the highest hill in Dieng plateau area 2.600 ASL).
- Arrive at the Sikunir foothill, start trekking up to reach the peak of of the Sikunir hill to enjoy the surrounding misty atmosphere while waiting for the sunrise. If the weather permits, being at the top of the hill you will be able to see the view of at least 4 high mountains in Central Java eg Mt. Merbabu, Mt. Sindoro, Mt. Sumbing and Mt. Slamet.
- Next proceed trekking down the hill, pass through villages, local potato field and other crops. On the way to homestay make stop at Sikidang bubbling mud craters, Telaga Warna volcanic lake with meditation caves and several old Hindu temples.
- Arrive back at homestay, have simple breakfast and relax.
- Around 9 am, check out from home stay in Dieng area and drive back to Yogyakarta.
- Drop off at airport or hotel or other selected location in Yogyakarta area.
- End of services.
Dieng Plateau area:
- Bougenville Homestay (1 Night).